Nottingham Hospitals History

RETURN


John Dane Player

  (1865-1950)


Mr J. D. Player donated £25,000 in 1933 to launch the fund for a Pay Bed Wing at the Nottingham General Hospital. He also gave £40,000 to assist a major project for the Children's Hospital and gave great help to the Women's Hospital. The Freedom of the City of Nottingham was conferred on him in 1934 in recognition of his services to the city.