Nottingham Hospitals Archives 2011
Sir Louis Pearson (1863 - 1943)
The General Hospital owes a great deal to the Pearson family, Sir Louis Pearson succeeded Mr. W. G. Player as chairman of the Monthly Board. He gave £1,000 towards extending the Cedars; £5,000 towards the cost of the Ropewalk Wing, £7,000 for an operating theatre (which was named after him) and he also endowed two beds. He was responsible for £12,000 towards the cost of building the Pearson House Nurses Home and the building of a covered walk way, leading from the side of the Board Room to the Nurses Home, in memory of his daughter Gladys, who was a VAD nurse during the 1914-18 war. He was President of the Monthly Board until 1942.
Nottingham General Hospital: Personal Reflections
David Lowe and John Bittiner
Sir Louis Pearson Operating Theatre; 1930’s
The Covered Walk Way
Pearson House built in 1941 following a donation of £12,000