Nottingham Hospitals History

Nottingham General Hospital 1782 to 2016


RETURN


A print of the building in 1787, showing the addition of the Derbyshire Wing

“The number of beds rose  from 44 in 1782 to 54 in 1784, and to 64 in 1787, when a new wing was added to the building. As an acknowledgement to the part played in the advancement of the institution by Nottingham’s western neighbour, the new addition was named the Derbyshire Wing.” (Iliffe R., Bagley, W. 1974).


NEXT IMAGE