Nottingham Hospitals History

RETURN


THOMAS DAVIS PRYCE


President of the Nottingham Medico-Chirurgical Society


1898


Thomas Davis Pryce:- 64, Claredon Street, Nottingham. M.R.C.S., England and L.S.A., 1882, (St. Bartholomew's) Consultant Surgeon, Nottingham General Dispensary. Late:- Senior Registrar Surgeon, Nottingham General Dispensary. President and Honorary Secretary of the Nottingham Medico-Chirurgical Society.


Medical Directory, 1915.


_______________


This information is from an obituary which appeared

in the

Nottinghamshire Guardian

5th March, 1940.


A well known antiquarian, Dr. Thomas Davis Pryce, formally of Nottingham, has died at Woking, Surrey.


For many years Dr. Pryce practiced in Clarendon Street, Nottingham, before his retirement about 15 years ago.


In 1898 he was president of the Nottingham Medico-Chirurgical Society, of which some years earlier he became secretary. For several years earlier he was connected with the Nottingham General Dispensary, holding for a time the position of senior resident surgeon.


A Fellow of the Society of Antiquarians Dr. Pryce was associated with important excavation work on various Roman sites in England and Wales.


He collaborated with Dr. Felix Oswald, F.S.A., in the publication of “An Introduction to the Study of Terra Sigillata,” a standard work of reference on pottery of the period. With Dr. Oswald and others he was instrumental in carrying through most successful excavation work on the site of  Margidunum, in the parish of East Bridgford.


A contributor to various antiquarian and historical journals, Dr. Pryce was also the author of a number of medical works.


Local Studies Library,

Angel Row, Nottingham.


NEXT IMAGE