Nottingham Hospitals History

William Goodacre Player

RETURN


The Player family has provided the hospital with numerous facilities and Mr W. G. Player must rank with Sir Charles Seely in his generosity to the hospital. He gave £10,000 towards the cost of the Memorial Nurses Homes, contributed £50,000 towards the Ropewalk and £28,000 for a new Medical Wing. He also created a children's ward named Mabel Player, after his wife. He was president of the Monthly Board from 1915-18 and chairman of the Nottingham General Hospital from 1926 to 1932.