Nottingham Hospitals History

RETURN


JOHN FREDRICK BLURTON


(1862 - 1949)


President of the Nottingham Medico-Chirurgical Society


1920 - 1921


John Fredrick Blurton:- 11, Radcliffe Road, West Bridgford and Arkwright Street, Nottingham. M.B. Durham, 1887, M.R.C.S. (England), 1887 (Queen's College, Birmingham and University of Durham) J.P., Member of the British Medical Association. Late:- Resident Physician, Obstetrics and Ophthalmology, House Surgeon, Queen's Hospital, Birmingham.


Medical Directory 1919


____________________


The information is from an obituary which appeared

in the

 Nottinghamshire Guardian

6th May, 1949.


The death took place yesterday at 4, Valley Road, West Bridgford, of Dr. Frederick Blurton, for many years a well known medical practitioner, and a Justice of the Peace for Nottingham, since 1909.


Dr. Blurton, who was 87, was in practice over a long period at 11, Radcliffe Road and Arkwright Street, He was educated at Queen’s College, Birmingham and Durham University, and took his Bachelor of Medicine degree at the latter in 1887, and also secured his membership of the Royal College of Surgeons in the same year. He was later ophthalmic house surgeon at Queen’s Hospital, Birmingham.


During the period he has been associated with Nottingham he was a prominent member of the Southern Division Liberal Association and a member of the High Pavement Chapel Congregation.


He is an ex-president of the Nottingham Medico-Chirurgical Society and a member of the British Medical Association. His elder son died some years ago while experimenting with a new method of anaesthesia.


Local Studies Library,

Angel Row, Nottingham.

_______________


NEXT IMAGE