WILFRID BOOTHBY BLANDY
President of the Nottingham Medico-
Wilfrid Boothby Blandy:-
Medical Directory 1937
Dr. Blandy took the L.D.S., R.C.S. in 1900 and the M.R.C.S., L.R.C.P. in 1902. He was a house surgeon at Charing Cross Hospital, where he received his medical training, and for many years he practiced in Nottingham. He served in the Middle East with the Royal Army Medical Corps from 1917 to 1919, and soon after returning to Nottingham he was elected to the local council as a member of the Meadows Ward. He was president of the Nottingham Medico-
At the time of Dr. W. B. Blandy’s death on the 1st April, 1947 he was survived not only by his widow but also two sons, one of whom was Dr. Anthony Charles Blandy. Dr. A. C. Blandy was a consultant paediatrician at the Nottingham Children’s Hospital, also the Mansfield General Hospital, and the Newark Hospital as well. He too was a member of the Nottingham Medico-
The Presidents Badge of Office, which is worn by the president at all meetings of the society was presented to the society as a gift from Dr. W. B. Blandy during his term as president. He personally invested his successor, Dr. H. Smith Wallace with it at the inaugural meeting of the society on the 5th October, 1938.
Finally, the name Blandy is still to this day kept alive at Kingsmill Hospital, Sutton-
B.M.J., May 3rd, 1947, page 619.